Sunday, June 25, 2006

Eating My Way Through Lafayette Part 2

Tsunami

Anyone who's tuned into the Lafayette dining scene has had a Tsunami experience. If you are not sure about sushi, don't let that stop you. I can't tell you how many people I have introduced to sushi at Tsunami and are now leading others into this tasty and singular experience. My EatLafayette experience was for a friend's birthday and we ate our share - spicy tuna roll, Zach Roo, Sunflower, Dynamite Roll, Micheal Doumit, eggplant miso and more. In addition to being a good place to eat, Tsunami owners fueled the development of downtown Lafayette when they converted the old Abdalla's department store into an L.A. (LA) experience.

Zeus

We ate lunch at the downtown location. Guess this week was my time EatLafayette - downtown. The founders and owners started with their first location on Pinhood Road and have managed to replicate the food and fun experience at all of their locations. The food is always good and I haven't found anyone yet who can't find something they "love" on the menu. A favorite Saturday night birthday party celebration for a group of my friends is Zeus on Pinhook because of the belly dancing. The kitchen staff is always a surprise on the dance floor.

No comments: