Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lunch at Southside Bakery


When consulting the EatLafayette restaurant list this morning, my eyes never got past Southside Bakery. All it took was one memory of the last Southside burger I had, and my mind was made up. I stepped up and eagerly ordered my favorite, the delicious Gourmet Cheeseburger.

I got there slightly earlier than the rest of the lunch crowd, which afforded me a front row seat (a.k.a. - a table in the front window) to watch the hamburger aficionados of Lafayette file in. Some would even leave with large boxes full of food to bring back to their co-workers!

As I took another bite and tasted the perfectly seasoned burger and the sweet bun, I knew I had made the right choice. After all, if you have room left after the huge burger, you don't have to go far to get something sweet for dessert!

No comments: