Thursday, June 28, 2007

Debbie Ray and Bernie Bag Boulevard Grill & Blue Dog.

Debbie and I went to Boulevard Grille on Coolidge this week for lunch. Their dinner special is Wednesday through Friday and it's two Ribeye dinners, a veggie and salad for 35 dollars. What a steal! We dropped in for lunch. Have you every had the queso dip from Boulevard Grille? It's so creamy, delicious it should be illegal within 10 feet of any scale. It is so awesome. It's one of my favorites along with the homemade salsa. It's hard to believe that in this day and age that a a restaurant can make all of their food fresh every day, even their order comes fresh each day from a butcher. I had their quesadillas and they knocked my socks off. The beef ones were the best.

This week we also went to Blue Dog for lunch and their special is a three course meal for only $19.99 -- you just can't beat that. You start with this extra delicious lump crab and corn bisque that is so thick, it could be the meal, and then you get to choose from either grilled tilapia, crawfish enchiladas or Louisiana purchase ( alfredo sauce and chicken that is kickin''). I ate so much of that chicken I almost didn't have room for the bread pudding. We had a great time, and I am going back to Blue Dog later this week.

-Bernie KPEL 105.1 News

No comments: