Monday, June 25, 2007

My favorite season of the year - EatLafayette!

I will confess that I love eating out and love the variety of cuisine available here in Lafayette - everything from rice and gravy and shrimp sandwiches to butterflied filets are on my radar. Dining at Charley G's is always a treat and the opportunity to have lunch there on a Friday is a rare occasion for me so I was filled with anticipation all week long. I was not disappointed! I could have easily filled up on the appetizer sampler that Mr. Goodson had prepared for our table - the coconut shrimp were my favorite - but I had to push the limit and order the EatLafayette special of Pecan Crusted Catfish. The fish was delicious - not "fishy" at all - and cooked crisp to perfection. The sides of green beans and corn macque choux were a perfect complement to the meal. When it came time for the bread pudding, I realized my limits and requested that it be boxed up to take home with the intention of it being my afternoon snack. In reality, it became dinner that night and I have no shame about it at all! I would be remiss if I didn't mention the staff. Elizabeth was very attentive to our needs and didn't miss a beat. The food - the company - the atmosphere - all made for a delightful beginning to the weekend!

No comments: