Monday, July 20, 2009

My night at the 2Pauls All-You-Can-Eat Ribs First Anniversary Celebration

Friday night, I grabbed the hubby and headed down to 2Pauls Radically Urban BBQ for their All-You-Can-Eat Ribs 1st Anniversary celebration. Mrs. Marilynn told me to bring the big guns and I definitely delivered because Chris can put away some food. He was all too anxious to start and before long, they were bringing his plates 2 at a time. From what I hear, the ribs were delicious, the meat falling clean off the bone. I merely watched in awe, enjoying my pulled pork and Pretty Ruby's rice dressing.

At the table next to us were Mr. John Oppenheimer and his wife, Mrs. Barbara. Lovely people. Mr. John and Chris jokingly decided to go head-to-head, or rib-to-rib, as it were. I'm afraid Mr. John never really had a chance and bowed out at 14 ribs. Amidst conversations between Chris, Mr. John and Mr. Gary (owner of 2Pauls) about various eating contests that we'd all seen on television, Chris somehow had the time to cease the rib-eating and take a break for the white chocolate bread pudding. (Mrs. Marilynn called it his 'palette cleanser'!)

Soon it was back to the ribs, and although things got a little dicey in the end, Chris made it to an admirable 26 ribs. I told them to just let me know when they plan the first all-you-can-eat rice dressing night. I just want to say thanks to the crew at 2Pauls for making our night out a whole lot of fun!

If you're ever in need of great BBQ, stop in at 2Pauls and give their ribs a try. They have 3 original BBQ sauces to smother them in, including their amazing pepper jelly sauce. Don't forget their EatLafayette special, either: Buy one rack of ribs and get the second rack half off. The promotion runs until August 15th, so what are you waiting for?!

THIS JUST IN: 2Pauls' ALL YOU CAN EAT NIGHT was so successful that they're thinking about doing it on a regular basis. Be watching.


The Contenda. [insert Rocky theme here]


The Damage.


Mr. Gary and Chris, after the annihilation.

No comments: