Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mouth-watering goodness

So today I had lunch at Charley G's with some members of the unofficial EatLafayette committee. There are no words for how wonderful this place is. For starters, the atmosphere is casual, yet elegant, the perfect place for a business lunch. Our waiter was one of the best I've ever had (but forgive me because I don't remember his name)! Everyone, except Charlie, tried the EatLafayette special. For starters was Duck and Andouille Gumbo or Caesar Salad. 2 of us had the gumbo and the other 3 had salad. It really was one of the best gumbos I have ever eaten (and I've eaten a lot of gumbo!). For the main course, 3 of us had Shrimp Florentine and one of us had the crabcakes. The pasta was delicious, ulike any you have even tasted. We even learned the secret ingredient, but you have to go eat there before I tell you what it is. There was so much that I took half home as leftovers. There is one more reason for saving room...dessert. The most unbelievable, melt in your mouth White Chocolate bread pudding you have ever eaten. I ate every last bit and soaked up every ounce of drizzled white chocolate.

In case you missed it, Charley G's is absolutely fabulous. Their EatLafayette special is a steal!!

For a listing of all restaurants and specials, visit the Web site at www.eatlafayette.com.

Until we eat again....

No comments: