Monday, June 23, 2008

Saturday night out at Antoni's

My friend Morgan and I had a Saturday night out and decided to go out to eat, at an EatLafayette restaurant, of course. We chose Antoni's Italian Cafe, and I have to say we were not disappointed! The atmosphere was perfect for a quiet dinner. We actually stayed for an hour and a half because we were enjoying it so much. We started with the Caprese appetizer, which neither of us had had before, and we enjoyed it. It was a very light appetizer that whetted our appetite and kept us company while we were gossiping. For the meal, Morgan had the marinara with grilled chicken, which I had to take a bite of. It was delicious. But, I have to say, my pizza was absolutely fabulous! I created my own with a roasted garlic, olive oil and herb sauce, artichokes, black olives and mushrooms (I'm not a vegetarian, I just love the three things I put on the pizza!). The pizza was so good that I ate the leftovers later that night. We finished the night with triple chocolate cheesecake which melted in our mouths. I'm not the world's biggest fan of chocolate, but that was a delicious treat.

I highly recommend Antoni's for a date night or a night out with family and friends. The service was excellent, the atmosphere was cozy and the food was fantastic.

For more great restaurants and specials, visit www.eatlafayette.com.

No comments: