Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Antoni's

There's a little restaurant in the Oil Center that has special meaning for me. It's Antoni's. Lynda and Bruce Cart's daughter, Jody, used to work for me at the ad agency and I guess that's how we first got connected.

Lynda loves to cook and studied authentic Italian cuisine in Italy. I remember when she learned to make her own pasta and refined the flavors to be classic, fresh and simple - just like my own mom did. The family has a long history in the restaurant business and that was important when they opened Antoni's. Being successful requires the right amount of ingredients in the culinary department as well as the business department. Thankfully, all is present there.

I dined on my favorite chicken basil salad. You would think I would have ordered a Calzone. Like I tell everyone when they say my last name sounds familiar, I am just an item on a menu or "everyone's favorite Italian dish!"

What a pleasure it was to see Lynda who took the time to visit with us. She was adorable with her EatLafayette promotion button neatly pinned to her attire. She has been with us since the inception of EatLafayette and a wonderful supporter of all things local.

What I truly enjoy is an early supper at Antoni's. There's always something special and it's usually posted on the blackboard facing the dining room. The bar is intimate and has seating for dining as well.

Julie & EatLafayette

No comments: