Monday, June 21, 2010

Eating my way through Lafayette.

I'm eating my way through Lafayette, LA - so far, Cafe Vermilionville, Jolie's, ViLLage Cafe - tomorrow Antoni's, Wednesday Charley Gs...the gym and riding horses...everyday.I had to get a head start with all of this last week.

I feel like Julie (and my name is Julie) in Julie & Julia, only I am not cooking. Who needs to with 51 restaurants to sample in 60 days? I am on a journey to sample all of these wonderful locally-owned restaurants throughout the campaign. I am always a huge supporter of our clients and this one is absolute fun, fun, and more fun.

My friends are now carrying around the brochures so they always have the list with them (hopefully no one will be carrying a few extra pounds after the campaign). Thanks Kim and Patricia for starting early like I did. They told me they had a fabulous meal at Riverside Inn. They were also with me at the Chamber Taste of EatLafayette after party at Cafe V.

I tell all of my friends if it's not on the list I am not eating there until after August 15. So far no one's complaining. I don't mind repeating myself at a restaurant, but I really want to eat at everyone of them.

The real joy is I won't have to clean my kitchen for a couple of months!

Julie Calzone & EatLafayette

No comments: