Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Most Bizarre Menu We've Ever Seen

Today for lunch we decided that we'd have Collage Cafe, the new kid on the block, deliver to the shop. We had heard really good things and were ready to be wowed. Wowed we were. The menu, if you've never seen it, is insane. There's pizza, mediterranean, asian, panini, pasta and burgers... the list goes on and on. Check it out here. Not to mention their location downtown at 423 Jefferson Street is oh so convenient for the delivery to our office. (337.704.9000 - Call them. Trust me. If you don't want to now, you will by the end of this entry.)

Deciding what to order was the hardest part. Well... my decision was easy. I'd heard about the Ville Platte Burger and from what I heard, I was hooked. Julie didn't take long either, choosing the Salade Collage with Shrimp. However, upon further scan of the menu, it was soon decided that we had to try the Eggplant Nachos as well. Jeff took a little longer before settling on the Philly Cheesesteak Panini.

Now, let me give you the breakdown of each.

My Ville Platte Burger - "topped with crawfish sauteed in Jack Miller's bbq sauce, cheddar cheese, and grilled scallions. Ask for some extra napkins with this one..." Now as I'm sure you readers know, I'm no stranger to the mysterious shirt stain from lunch, nor the Tide pen. However, I am proud to report that my white shirt is still as pristine as when I put it on this morning. 

Julie's Salade Collage w/ Shrimp - "Spring Mix, fresh pears and strawberries, feta cheese, tossed in a lemon & truffle vinaigrette." While I can't speak for the salad myself, the strawberries were some of the freshest I've seen on a salad.


The Eggplant Nachos - "Hand breaded crispy eggplant chips with house made Marinara. Topped off with sauteed shrimp." We all shared theses and they were wonderful with the fresh marinara and crisp eggplant rounds.

Jeff's Philly Cheesesteak Panini - "Sauteed beef smothered with onions and green bell peppers topped with melted provolone cheese served on toasted french bread." When I asked if everyone at the table was as pleased as I was, all I got was a hearty nod from Jeff. Jeff is a man of few words.

All in all, Collage Cafe will see repeat offenders from this staff. I'm sure of it.

No comments: