Thursday, July 08, 2010

Tsunami - That's Just How I Roll!

Just as I was taking off my jewelry last night and getting ready to jump into pajamas, a friend called me up to invite me to dinner at Tsunami. As appealing as those pj’s were, my number one rule is, “Girl’s gotta eat,” so I gussied myself up again and hit the town.

As we sipped on our cocktails and Eggplant & Shrimp Miso soup, we talked about how Tsunami really pioneered the sushi revolution in Lafayette. Their selection of classic rolls and creative locally-inspired rolls can’t be beat, and the diverse menu and atmosphere are inviting to sushi aficionados, like myself, or to sushi newbies. We ordered off of the Chef’s Special Menu, a Candy Cane roll and a Trans Best Bites roll, both of which were absolutely superb. Stop on by for a drink at the bar, watch the chefs make magic happen at the sushi bar, share a booth and a few rolls with friends and family in the main dining area, or request a more intimate dining experience in the upstairs dining area for date night, then spill on into the Lounge bar next door for an after-dinner glass of wine or cocktail.

Personally, if I am not eating at Tsunami at least twice a month, owner Michelle Ezell has joked that she would put a “Missing” ad with my picture on the side of a Sake bottle. Don’t worry Michelle, I’ll always be a regular at Tsunami…that’s just how I roll.

Ask for the EatLafayette special until August 15th to get 10% Off any Entrée!

No comments: