Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My new favorite place

OMGoodness...I went to Joey's Specialty Foods and Catering for lunch today. It was my first trip there for lunch. I had looked at the menu online,www.cajun-joeys.com, before I went so that I would not be overwhelmed and hold up the line. I had decided on the House Special sandwich, which was roast beef, turkey, choice of cheese, Joey's special sauce, lettuce and pickles on my choice of bread (I chose wheat). I also elected to get the bow-tie pasta salad which had bow-tie pasta, capers, sun dried tomatoes and some sort of dressing (I am not a chef and don't know individual tastes well).

I was unbelievably impressed with my meal. The sandwich was superb. The meat was warm but not hot and the sauce was delicious. I love pasta, especially pasta salads, and this one did not let me down. It was fabulous! And the best part was that there was so much food that I was able to take half of my sandwich with me to enjoy later this afternoon.

I must also add that the atmosphere and service were excellent, perfect for a relaxing lunch.

I would recommend Joey's to anyone, anytime!

Please visit the EatLafayette Web site, www.eatlafayette.com, for a restaurant listing and specials.

Until next time...

No comments: