Monday, July 28, 2008

Have YOU tried 2Pauls yet?

If you haven't, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

This morning in our production meeting, Julie was telling us about her trip to 2Pauls this past weekend and by the end of the meeting, all our mouths were watering! I'm blogging to let you all know, the crew at 2Pauls do NOT disappoint!

My hubby and I went for lunch today (What can I say? I couldn't wait!)
and I had the pulled pork sandwich. It comes with your choice as to whether or not the coleslaw is on the sandwich or on the side (I chose on the side, hubby chose on the sandwich.) Either way, you won't regret it. Just make sure to smother it in any of the signature 2Pauls sauces (I chose mild bbq... delicious!) You can also order sides to your heart's content. We tried the potato salad and the onion rings and both were phenomenal! I love potato salad and this was probably the best I've ever had (don't tell Momma).

I finally got to meet the famous Ms. Marilynn whom I've traded emails and phone calls with for the last few months while getting the EatLafayette site up and running. She's just darling! So welcoming and sweet, I wanted her to sit down and have lunch with us! At her recommendation, I had to make another trip to the counter and give their tequilime pie a taste. AMAZING. Don't hesitate to order dessert!

Even the atmosphere at 2Pauls is great! The colors, art and people (not to mention the smells!) make it worth the many future trips I'll be taking there for more great BBQ! I even bought a t-shirt to help advertise because I truly believe 2Pauls has staying power. And it's not just me! From what I hear, there have been so many repeat customers since they've opened, they've jokingly toyed with the idea of honoring them with name plates for the chairs! For a new restaurant to come in and shake up Lafayette the way 2Pauls has, they must be something special!

2Pauls is a great restaurant for whenever you get a craving for exceptional BBQ. You won't be disappointed!

No comments: